Our registered users (“Members”) share their professional identities, engage with their network, exchange knowledge, personal and professional insights, post and view relevant content, learn and find opportunities. Content and data on some of our platform is viewable to non-members (“Visitors”).
We use the term “Designated Countries” to refer to countries in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland.
Data Controllers and Contracting Parties
Winners Guide Limited (“WinnersGuide.com”) will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our platform; you are entering into the User Agreement with WinnersGuide.com
What personal information we collect
To create an account you need to provide your email address either manually (by typing it in) or by connecting to one of your social media accounts. If you register for our VIP Membership, you will also need to provide payment (e.g., credit card) and billing information.
You have choices about the information on your profile, such as your experience, skills, profile photo, city or area and social media handles. Some Members may choose to complete a separate vendor profile if they wish to sell products or services in our marketplace. You don’t have to provide additional information on your profile; however, profile information helps you to get more from our platform, including helping people and opportunities to find you. It’s your choice whether to include sensitive information on your profile and to make that sensitive information public. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
With the exception of your name (which can be a nickname), all information in your profile can be hidden from public view. You have complete control over which information is publicly available.
Posting and Uploading
We collect personal data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our platform, such as when you fill out a form, (e.g., contributing a post), respond to a survey, or submit a product or service to the marketplace.
Aside from your email address, there's absolutely no obligation for you to provide any type of data to use our platform, with one exception. In order to sell products or services in our marketplace, product vendors must supply a valid government issued ID such as a drivers license or passport. This information is stored securely on our server and can only be accessed by senior members of our business and is only used in order to protect our customers from fraud and abuse.
How and why we collect your data
We learn information about you when:
- you give it to us directly (e.g., when you choose to send us crash reports);
- we collect it automatically through our products and services (e.g., when you use the forum or purchase something from our marketplace);
- someone else tells us information about you (e.g., when we partner with others to ); or
- when we try and understand more about you based on information you've given to us (e.g., when we use your IP address to customize language for some of our services).
How we use it
When you give us information, we will use it in the ways for which you've given us permission. Generally, we use your information to help us provide and improve our products and services for you.
We will contact you through email, mobile phone, notices posted on our websites or apps, messages to your inbox, and other ways through our platform, including text messages and push notifications. We will send you messages about the availability of our services, security, or other service-related issues. We also send messages about how to use the platform, network updates, reminders, article suggestions, product suggestions and promotional messages from us and our partners. You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
We also enable communications between you and others through our platfaorm, including for example friend connections, forums, groups, comments and messages between connections.
Polls and surveys are conducted by us and others through our platform. You are not obligated to respond to polls or surveys, and you have choices about the information you provide.
We use the data (which can include your communications) to investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and platform issues (e.g., bugs).
We use your data to produce and share aggregated insights that do not identify you. For example we may use your data to generate statistics about our members, their profession or industry, to calculate ad impressions served or clicked on, or to publish visitor demographics for a Service or demographic workforce insights.
Security and Investigations
How we secure it
However, as an additional precaution we NEVER store credit or debit card details onsite. Instead our systems store a non-identify-able token on our servers which interacts securely with our payment processors (Stripe & PayPal) in order to process payments.
Additional Security Measures
We take security of your data very personally. We value your safety as much as we value our own, so we built this platform to be ultra secure.
- Full SSL Encryption (Server and DNS) which means you're data is encrypted traveling to a from our servers to your browser. This is especially important when making payments, to avoid unencrypted data getting into the wrong hands. This can be verified by a green padlock in the browser address bar.
- Our backend operates on a strict hierarchical structure, meaning only staff with managerial access can see your personal details (excluding credit/debit card numbers – these aren't stored at all.) For example, our editorial staff couldn't see anything more than whats publicly available or has been submitted by you for review.
- We employ additional technology to prevent attacks, hackers, or anyone trying to access our system without permission.
Unfortunately, all systems are potentially hackable. In the unlikely event that this does happen, we will notify you immediately and take all necessary steps to fix the problem. However, we minimise our risk by asking customers not to store any personal information that may result in personal or financial implications. In other words, keep it clean and the worst that could happen is someone find's out you're trying to make a better life for yourself on our platform.
When do we share your information?
We only share what you're happy to share. In summary;
- When we have asked and received your permission to share it.
- For processing or providing products and services to you, but only if those entities receiving your information are contractually obligated to handle the data (for e.g vendors who have agreed to our terms and conditions to operate in our marketplace.)
- When we are fulfilling our our mission. We sometimes release information to make our products better and foster an open community, but when we do so, we will remove your personal information and try to disclose it in a way that minimizes the risk of you being re-identified.
- When the law requires it. We follow the law whenever we receive requests about you from a government or related to a lawsuit. We'll notify you when we're asked to hand over your personal information in this way unless we're legally prohibited from doing so. When we receive requests like this, we'll only release your personal information if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party's request to disclose your information.
- When we believe it is necessary to prevent harm to you or someone else. We will only share your information in this way if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of you, our other users, our website or the public.
Your profile is fully visible to all Members and customers of our platform. Subject to your settings, it can also be visible to others on or off of our platform (e.g., if someone embeds a video externally). As detailed in our Help Center, your settings, connections with the viewing Member, the subscriptions they may have, their usage of our platform access channels and search types (e.g., by name or by keyword) impact the availability of your profile and whether they can view certain fields in your profile.
Posts, Likes, Follows, Comments, Messages
Our platforms allows viewing and sharing information including through posts, likes, follows and comments.
- When you submit a post (e.g., a video or article) publicly it can be viewed by everyone and re-shared anywhere. Members, Visitors and others will be able to find, see, like or dislike, share and comment on your publicly-shared content, including your name (and photo if you have provided one).
- In a group, posts are visible to others in the group. Your membership in groups is public and part of your profile, but you can change visibility in your settings.
- Any information you share through our community will be viewable by it and others who visit those pages.
- When you subscribe to a channel, creator or playlist, you are visible to that "channel or playlist" owner as a subscriber.
- When you friend a person or organization, you are visible to others and that “profile owner” as a friend.
- We let senders know when you act on their message, subject to your settings where applicable.
- When you like or re-share or comment on another’s content (including ads), others will be able to view these “social actions” and associate it with you (e.g., your name, profile and photo if you provided it).
You may have heard a lot of negative media in regards to cookies. Sadly, this is because they are often misunderstood and subsequently untrusted by the non-tech savvy.
In essence, a cookie is like a memory we place in your system to make your browsing experience easier and more fluid. For example, without cookies you wouldn't be able to login to our platform (or any other.)
Because of this basic need for storing authentication and tracking tools (only for our platform) into your browser, we have some mandatory cookies that we need for our platform to function;
Login/Log Out Cookie
We store a little piece of code in your browser that tells our server you're logged in. This information is encrypted and disappears as soon as you log out.
Our platform is based on referrals. I.e everytime someone is referred to our site, joins and buys something from a marketplace, the user responsible for generating the sale earns a commission. As this feature is open to every member of the system, it's important we are allowed to place cookies for this process to happen – otherwise we have no method of securely tracking referrals. The cookie is fully encrypted, stores no personal data about you and is automatically deleted after 30 days.
What control do I have over my data?
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Services. Even if you only use our Services when looking for a new job every few years, we will retain your information and keep your profile open until you decide to close your account.
Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Data
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your profile and controlling the visibility of your posts to advertising opt-outs and communication controls. We offer you settings to control and manage the personal data we have about you.
For personal data that we have about you:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
Visitors can learn more about how to make these requests here. You may also contact us using the contact information below, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
If you choose to close your WinnersGuide account, your personal data will generally stop being visible to others on our platform within 24 hours. We generally completely delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
We retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our User Agreement, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
Information you have shared with others (e.g., through submissions, comments, private messaging, forum or group posts) will remain visible after you closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile or mailbox, and we do not control data that other Members copied out of our platform. Groups content and ratings or review content associated with closed accounts will show an unknown user as the source. Your profile may continue to be displayed in the services of others (e.g., search engine results) until they refresh their cache.
Under 13 years old?
If you are under 13, we don't want your personal information, and you must not provide it to us. If you are a parent and believe that your child who is under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us to have your child's information removed.